Position Code: PEKIT04
This company is dedicated to building a bridge between fashion and technology. Their mission is to empower the fashion industry with affordable cutting edge technology. They have had 10 years of experience in integrating technology into fashion events, products, and building hardware/software solutions for their clients. They are an American company with offices in USA and China. They have developed mobile fashion apps, interactive retail solutions, fashion tech maker kits, and produce large fashion tech installations to experience what the future of fashion looks like through their Fashion & Tech Events. Their most recent activities have been creating 162 gesture-controlled smart gloves for Intel’s cooperation with CCTV’s Spring Festival Gala 2017, developing fashion tech maker kits for fashion brands to create smart garments and accessories, along developing products with fashion brands based on their e-textile LED Ribbon.
Role: 3D VR Designer
Objectives of this Role
- Take ownership of features and components of AltspaceVR world and lead the product design and code elements for version 2.
- Collaborate with other members of the team to deliver large and complex features on time and to a high standard
- Be part of the development process and contribute improvements and suggestions, driving the quality of the code throughout the entire production cycle
- Mentor other developers in the team and help maintain code, product, and process quality
- Create Art, Design and Objects to place in the world.
- Bring meaningful contributions to the product
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Work together with the team on Tues, Wed, Thurs live in real-time
- Weekly reports submitted for project tracking
- Team meetings in Asia Pacific time zone
- Plan, design and implement with the CEO, high-quality game features on existing VR game
- Transform design specification into functional game assets
- Establish an effective strategy and development pipeline
- Quickly create and iterate on prototypes showcasing new designs and interaction patterns
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications and games
- Identify process and application bottlenecks and implement solutions in a timely manner
- 3-6 months experience with Unity 3D/Content Development
- Strong 3D math skills
- Strong C# object-oriented programming and scripting language skills along with the ability to familiarize yourself with Typescript (the language of MRE’s by AltspaceVR)
- Experience working with game assets (meshes, animations, materials etc)
- Experience profiling and optimizing the game and render performance (GPU and CPU)
- Experience working on a physics-based game project, source control systems such as Git in a multi-developer team environment.
- Understanding UX design process and experience working with UX design team and/or development team
- Unity training program certification
- Experience using Blender, Shaders, Mixamo, AltspaceVR, VR, AFRAME.io
- Own or have access to a VR headset
- Ability to solve problems, research problems and solutions, discuss problems with team members
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
Don’t exactly match these requirements? If you have the enthusiasm and want to learn – then speak to Pagoda about this position and we’ll see what is possible!