Position Code: LISBS31
This is a Medtech startup born in January 2016 focused on the Point-of-Care diagnostic segment. Their mission is to provide fast, affordable, and in-situ blood test analysis to empower people with instant information about their well-being and health conditions. With their device as a platform approach, they will be able to monitor, control and contain diseases worldwide.
This company’s value proposition is to provide a portable diagnostics device at the point-of-need, whether in an emergency, where the individual’s blood type can be identified (reducing the need for rare universal donor blood), to remote locations with no access to standard lab infrastructure. This system, using specific cartridges, can also be used to test for specific diseases (our RTDI pipeline includes HIV, Malaria and Syphilis). Increasing the availability of disease diagnostics has been the focus of the industry.
Role: Database & Market Research Associate
Possible tasks and projects include:
• Actively follow health tech markets (blood type and disease detection)
• Research and analyze grants/calls/opportunities for health tech companies
• Research and structure reports/databases with opportunities
• Assist with a wide variety of other technical, analysis, planning, and research tasks related to being part of an early-stage company
• Passion and curiosity about health tech and grants (as well as a basic understanding and knowledge)
• Finance or economics background or knowledge useful (but not required)
• Analytical mindset and great research skills
• Fluent spoken and written English