Company Reference: MANMA14
This company is a mobile app service creating a pre-enrolment community that connects up prospective students with fellow applicants, student ambassadors, alumni and staff, as well as must-know info about their chosen university.
The service provides students with a better pre-arrival experience, and institutions with quality communications, higher rates of enrolment, and better prepared, happier students.
International Student Engagement & Support Intern
Main day-to-day responsibilities an intern can expect to carry out include the following:
- To engage with students (sending messages, links, documents, etc. via the network).
- To provide support / instructions to students if required.
- To distribute surveys via the network, to gather stats for monthly university client reports.
- To collate data and create charts.
- To interpret simple stats to create action points for universities (full training will be provided).
- There may be some opportunities to engage with students via social media channels, and so skills in this area would be desirable.
- To shadow staff and attend (remote) meetings.
- To find opportunities for blog and vlog posts to promote both the organisation as a company and the individual university to prospects.
Experience of moving to attend a university in the UK/Ireland would be beneficial as it will help the intern to empathise with the journey students using the app are on. In addition to that, the following would be advantageous:
- Excellent written communication skills in English.
- A proactive approach and the ability to take initiative.
- Confident in responding to online queries and engaging with students via the organisations network.
- Basic Office Excel skills (though training will be provided).
- Photo editing and video editing skills.
- Experience and an interest in blogging.
- Social media experience / skills.