Internship Code: VAMED01
This is a boutique consultancy business, headquartered in Vancouver, BC with a branch office in Taipei, TW. Their customers rely on their expertise to bring their medical device innovation to patients who need them. They provide them with sound regulatory strategies and quality assurance advice to market their devices in the shortest time without jeopardizing patient safety.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or national origin.
This role entails a lot of regulation and standards reading and interpretation as well as technical documentation writing. If you love transforming complex technical ideas into beautiful visuals accessible to non-experts this role is for you.
An internship at this company will be a great opportunity to lead a technical content creation project, gain exposure to the regulated world of the MedTech industry, particularly the EU-MDR/IVDR and UKCA regulations. This will most certainly differentiate you from other candidates in the future
Summary of Role
- Read regulations and summarize them in flow charts and intuitive visuals in view of creating content for the company’s website
- Assist in the compilation of requirements for EU-MDR/IVDR and UKCA submissions
- Assist in the formation of product commercialization process
- Creating standard work documents (i.e. standard operating procedures, work instructions)
- Partner with other interns (if any) with diverse skills and experiences in building solutions for real-life business challenges
- Experience/interest in graphic or visual design, journalism, creative writing, technical writing or creative arts is a plus
- Understand the values of the company: Frugal, Knowledgeable, Sensitive
- Have completed an undergraduate degree majoring in a scientific, Biotechnology or Bio-engineering related field. Examples include, biomedical engineering, life Sciences, medical / scientific writing or public health administration, Regulatory Science or Regulatory Affairs (i.e. masters program)
- Available to work full-time (30-40 hours per week) during internship (June-August)
- Strong desire and motivation to develop a career in MedTech regulatory/quality
- Candidates need to be proficient with MS Office with strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to work individually with courage to speak your voice and suggest innovative ideas
- Related work or internship experience preferred
- Accountable and has ease asking for guidance