Position Code: TYIT02
This is a value-driven team on a mission to build a dynamic business ecosystem and inspire humanity to achieve more.
QA Software Engineering Intern
This QA Software Engineering Internship will give you an opportunity to apply knowledge gained from your Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Mathematics courses to solve real-world problems, including designing, developing, coding and testing software systems.
You will collaborate on several small projects. As a result, you will be able to sharpen your skills and acquire valuable hands-on experience in your degree.
As a QA Software Engineering Intern, you will contribute to testing, deploying, and maintaining high-quality and intuitive web applications. You will also implement complex software in conformity with project requirements and Nosres’s commitment to privacy and security. Therefore, you must understand the importance of confidentiality and discretion. You will work in concert with Product Managers, UI/UX Designers, and other Engineering Teams (DevOps, Front-End and Back-End Software Engineers) to ensure quality bars are met. To be successful in this role, you should possess hands-on QA, testing, and debugging skills.
If you are very enthusiastic about quality, impressive design and user experience, you are in the right place.
Possible tasks and projects include:
- Apply knowledge acquired from Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering,
- Electrical Engineering, and Mathematics courses and experience to solve real-world problems.
- Analyse current systems to find areas for improvement.
- Provide feedback on code that is in the development process.
- Develop test scripts to automate new features and maintain existing test scripts.
N.B. tasks and projects may vary depending on current priorities. Specific projects and responsibilities will be discussed during an interview.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical
- Engineering, Mathematics, or other related technical fields.
- Familiarity with databases (MySQL, MongoDB) and web servers (Apache, Nginx).
- Knowledge of modern server-side web application frameworks (Symfony, Ruby on Rails, etc.) and code versioning tools (Git, SVN).
- Capability to manage time, meet deadlines, and work on several projects simultaneously with minimal direction.
Don’t exactly match these requirements? If you have the enthusiasm and want to learn – then speak to Pagoda about this position and we’ll see what is possible!