Position Code: TOKBS03
This internship host is a Start-Up Media Company specialising in viral videos about Japan.
Established in 2019, the company has organically grown their Facebook page to over 770,000 followers worldwide with average video videos frequently topping 1 million.
They aim to show viewers the best of Japan in stunning 4K ultra-high definition from the newest craze and best food to traditional destinations. Locations and topics are hand-selected by the team and filming and editing are done completely in-house.
Partners and clients include Tastemade, Tastemade Japan, Tokyo Otaku Mode, JapanesePod101, Japan Travel, Cinnabon, Dickey’s Barbecue Pit, Ippudo, teamLab and many more.
Role: Social Media Marketing and Video Editing
The host organisation are looking for an intern who can;
- Assist with social media tasks and channel management
- Contribute to building the website (WordPress), article writing
- Japanese speakers can assist with creating promotional decks
- Video editing if applicants have experience
- For Tokyo-based candidates, in-person is available; can travel to shoots, assist with recording for vlogs – able to take a more hands-on approach to the internship
Activities are not limited to the above, and candidates are encouraged to discuss further their own abilities and interests in an interview to identify synergies.
- Keen interest in Japan
- Independent self-starter
- Experience with using social media channels
- Japanese language skills are a bonus
- Video editing skills are a bonus
- Internships can be both remote or in person (for students that are able to work from Tokyo)
Don’t exactly match these requirements? If you have the enthusiasm and want to learn – then speak to Pagoda about this position and we’ll see what is possible!