Internship Reference: CDBS142
This NGO serves children who are orphaned in Asia by raising up champions and caregivers who are motivated by love and equipped to care for their unique needs. This organisation partners with local and international organizations and people to provide real and lasting solutions for vulnerable children through caregiver training, support for child care centers, adoption advocacy and support, and raising community awareness. The children this organisation serve move from simply surviving towards thriving.
Social Media Relations
- Attend orphanage visits with NGO staff two mornings a week
- Gather stories to share with our supporters and the community
- Manage Social Media accounts and make constant communication a priority
- Post daily updates with relevant photos, videos, and stories
- Write blog posts with relevant updates on children and the organization
- Respond to followers’ comments or inquiries in a timely and respectful fashion
- Edit photos as necessary
- Assist other staff in events or activities as needed
- Teach English to Chinese students 3 to 5 afternoons a week
- Dependable, honest, warm-hearted and a positive attitude
- Fluent in English and accustomed to Western culture and perspective
- Can demonstrate good grammar and inspirational writing skills
- Can work independently and take initiative in projects
- Fluent in using social media sites such as: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Can demonstrate good photo editing skills
- Can provide samples of personal social media posts
- Experience with children, e.g. teaching, volunteering, Sunday School, camp, etc.