One year anniversary: InternChina in Chengdu!
Soon it will be Chinese New Year – the year of the Snake will come to an end and the year of the horse will begin!Around this time one year ago, I moved from Qingdao to Chengdu to set-up a new office for InternChina. My colleague Leo from Qingdao joined me for the ramp up phase – there was a lot to do: Finding a suitable office location, equipping the office with furniture, computers and printers, hiring staff, renting apartments, finding partner companies, to finding Chinese families for our Homestay program… It was a lot of work but it was very exciting and rewarding!
So, where are we now?
- We have placed 40 students with partner companies across the city in different fields of industries. Check out our youtube channel to watch the video references from Ryan, Lars and Martha.
- We successfully established a co-operation with an excellent Chinese language school who are teaching customized Mandarin Group Classes and 1-on-1 classes to our clients!
- We have hired Kenny Qing as our local Customer Relations Manager!
- We hired Paul Yeandle who is currently undergoing training and will become the future Office Manager.
- We have had numerous of great interns from Germany, UK, Canada and China in our office supporting us during a busy and exciting time!
- We have organized many great trips and activities in and around Chengdu (e.g. Jiuzhaigou Valley, Emeishan, the Giant Buddha in Leshan and of course our popular Thursday dinners!)
- We have built up wide networks amongst local corporations within the city, Chinese families, educational institutes and business associations.
- We are going to run two customized Group Programs in Chengdu – one for a German university and one for a Canadian university!
- We are now ready to welcome at least 150 students this year in Chengdu!
For questions regarding your stay in Chengdu, you can contact our friendly Chengdu-team directly by sending an e-mail to email@example.com!
I would like to thank the whole InternChina team and all InternChina friends for your support and your strong belief in the success of our team! It was an amazing first year for us in Chengdu and there is so much more to come! XieXie!!!